Just curious how everyone's looking at the issue of decreasing their packweight as they age!

I've been considering two approaches (1) Since I'm aging why not do everything I can to decrease my packweight to make trips a little easier? and (2) Since I'm aging & have to consider that I may slip & twist an ankle or somehow otherwise end up spending an extra night (or two or three!) out in the wilderness I want to make sure I'm prepared! So..I want to make sure I have all the 1st aid products I could reasonably need, and also want to make sure I have a comfortable / secure tent & related sleeping gear (sleeping pad & sleeping bag are more important to me now than they were 10 years ago!), etc..

I should add that I solo a lot, also go to "wilderness" areas aa lot so if I did slip & fall & break a leg it's possible I wouldn't be found for a day or two!

How are the rest of you adjusting your packweight as you age? THANKS for feedback, I'm looking forward to hearing what y'all are doing (or not!)

Edited by CAbackpacker (04/13/08 03:01 PM)