I'm sure you could rig it to hold to the clothesline underneath the tarp. (I have a clothesline/ utility line running on the ridgeline.). Basically the rigdeline webbing that sticks outside goes through the flat felled seam and reinforcement patch to the inside where I made a 1" loop. This design was meant to have the Ray way net tent connect there.

That said, the whole idea behind the bug hut was to be able to enjoy a nice night without getting eaten alive. (also my wife refuses to sleep "where critters will devour me!") The hut was so I can see the stars, get good oxygen, and great ventilation. The tarp is for when it rains. I will preset it and if it does rain I can pull it on. Also once you go across the treeline on a mountain you don't see many bugs and then it's tarp only.

The bug hut is freestanding and uses the poles bend to hold it up but sewing some lines to it would make it work as well.
I picked up my BugHut at Rei today and was pleasantly surprised. I couldn't wait to get home & see it with the tarp. Truthfully I could just put the tarp in the Bug hut sack as it had more then enough room. I think the the sleeping pad I get will be both heavier and larger then my hut, tarp, and quilt for 2. Truly, I'm shaking my head at what I carried up Mt. St. Helens last year. This is gonna make my Rainier pack feel like nothing. I have already got my no smell socks, undies, & base layer. I have convertible pants, jacket, hat, an origami bowl & a titanium spork! My Cadion boots are 2.2lbs & are "Flexible crampon compatible for ice mountaineering &climbing". Space age! I plan on wearing nearly the same thing all 4 days of the summit to save weight. I'm bringing Dentene White Gum so I don't have to carry toothpaste, tooth brush, and having to make/ purify water to brush with. I will get my brows waxed and forehead polished for aero benefits. I'm looking for every cheat to allow a good pad & great food.
Any suggestions on the World's Most Comfortable sleeping pad? Every review says they love what they bought. So everything is the best. I'm 6'4" 205lbs & wide shouldered. I'm also a side sleeper (ugh).

GuruJ