I managed last year to knock 2,000 miles off my annual mileage by going home after work instead of driving around for something to do. I put 20,000 miles on my truck the previous year, so I did cut back on a couple weekend trips and made money by cutting firewood to sell to pay for car insurance on my car that sits in the garage while I cut firewood and deliver it.:( Go figure. I don't let the price of gas cut into vacation plans, something I plan on and I save by staying out in the boonies close to the trailhead on vacation trips.

Wandering Daisy, there is a small but busy group I belong to that do a lot of bping and dayhikes to the coast and into the mountains, most of the members are down in the bay area/Sac area vicinity. I go when they have trips closer to me in the Sierra. We are doing a trip to Lassen VNP this coming weekend, about eight are to show up I believe. Most are carpooling, we have been a group for 4 years now. One or two post here some. A trip or more a month through out the year, with many posting very good photos.