I used the MSR Hubba Hubba with only footprint, poles and fly just after Christmas during a trip to Mammoth Cave National Park.

It stood up well to steady rain, though it collected a substantial amount of condensation. Fortunately, these tended to drip down the sides and were not a real problem in terms of drips getting to gear or clothing.

I used a tarp and bivy combo this past week during a trip to Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area.

It avoided all issues with condensation and I could have rigged it lower to better protect from wind. However, the downward side still stood off most all wind overnight. You can also see the 10 ounce Integral Designs Bivy Sack around the lower half of my quilt. I stayed perfectly dry despite flurries and single digit temps.

My Six Moon Desgins Lunar Solo is one of my favorite shelters for temperate weather.

In this configuration it gives great weather protection though it collects a fair bit of condensation during cooler, more humid conditions.

However, with the front vestibule wide open, it is great for venting any and all condensation and is a perfect bug shelter.