Haikublue,

I've only done the Wonderland Trail once in '99, but it was a great experience: Wonderful views of the mountain, physically challenging but not too much so (similar to the JMT for me), and varied forest environments. The altitude gain/loss to distance ratio is similar to the JMT. Several caveats about which you should be aware:

- The WT suffered severe damage recently (last year?) and I saw estimates that it would be under repair for a couple of years, so at the very least, get some up to date trail condition reports, and maybe consider waiting another year.

- I had a couple of acrophobic moments on the trail. Of special note is the 250 foot suspension bridge over Tahoma Creek, which seemed Indiana Jones-esque.

- Established camp sites were by reservation (there was also a confusing back-country site option), so whenever you decide to go, work on getting your permit well in advance.

- Be prepared for both rain and bugs.

That being said, I would highly recommend it. It has incredible views, great campsites (mostly), old growth forest, glaciers, volcanic vents, banana slugs, bears, snow fields, alpine environments, etc.

Hope this helps,

Paul