Ok, I was going to hijack the original WM thread and thought better of it. I read the thread on WhiteBlaze (link on the orginal WM thread here) about WM and it's lack of email and this got me wondering.

The OP on WhiteBlaze seemed highly offended that WM didn't use email, so he (or she) was going to buy something else. Other WM owners seemed unconcerned. Somehow, the lack of email and an up to date website is now a sign that a company doesn't have good customer service or a good product. When did this happen?

Sure, a fancy website is nice, but ultimately meaningless. I have seen great fake websites, as well as sites owned by companies I know for a fact are little more than someone with a garage full of stuff for sale. Many people with eBay stores are like that.

A classic example is Blue Sky. Fancy website, email, nice pictures and all, but one problem-poor customer service and big delivery problems.

When I really want to find something out, I have this great device on my desk. You punch some buttons on it and then talk into it. It's amazing. I also have a little one kind of like it too. It's even more amazing-no wires at all.

What I found funny about the WhiteBlaze poster was that he/she was posting online, but said they didn't have long distance phone service. Now that is really strange.