My first 123 was bought in 1976. It did not have the jet cleaner. It just came with a multi tool that had a pricker on it. My gosh that brings back memories. I always poured a little fuel in the cup at the base and lit it. I did have the pump- but it never worked well. My second one had the jet cleaner and think I got it in 1990. It worked great until the jet cleaner jammed. I just tossed it and got a coleman peak 1. I sure did love that peak 1. It never failed. I think I abused it on purpose just to see how much it could take. Finally the bottom rusted real bad and I got scared to use it. Whisperlight led to Sierra Zip led to Alcohol. I got a Snow Peak gigapower just to be like everyone else and I take it on short trips because it is easy to use. I have also done my fair share of fire cooking. I even went through a phase where I carried foil instead of a stove and cooked some fantastic, but heavy stuff like fresh vegetables in butter and herb. Yummy! I love baked beans done in the coals (in foil).