my (husbands- i bought one for him, couldn't see spending the $ for 2 at the time) pillow weighs 2.5 oz. the storage pouch and repair kit weighs 0.7oz. the toggles included with the pillow are all in the repair kit, since we don't have any other m.b. sleep system components. my husband does not use the storage pouch/repair kit, so that is not carried. he really likes the pillow- he feels he needs good head and knee support. i asked to try it out sometime, but haven't insisted when we're backpacking (he also hasn't offered-he really likes it!). i don't feel much need for a specific pillow, i just put some clothes (whatever i'm not wearing) into a stuffsack and prop it on my shoes for height and firmness. on my one solo trip last season, i forgot to grab the pillow out of his gear to try out!
bummer to see the weight difference! i bought the pillow last spring, and weighed it before he started using it, so dirt is not a weight factor. these were weighed with a digital scale the post office sells.