I'm spending the mid year in Central Idaho hiking. I have a pal that I vehicle camp with that has 0 experience hiking. He chose to drive up and rucksack with me. We looked at his stuff and it was terrible. He most likely has a base weight near 40 pounds. Fundamentally he brought his vehicle setting up camp stuff. He purchased a no name knapsack off of amazon. He has an ozark trail tent, 30 degree walmart camping bed, a yoga mat to rest on. Evening time temps range from 27 to 40 here. I let him know he could utilize a portion of my UL gear like my EE Rev and Gatewood Cape however he doesnt need to and afterward. I mean I question the 30 degree resting and yoga mat will keep him warm. He likewise purchased a 1 pound liquor oven haha . He doesnt need to utilize any of my stuff. All I shared with him was on the off chance that you can convey that gear then, at that point, bring it. I'm a little stressed over going on a long outing so I think a will do a short over night into fourth of july lake and check whether he altered his perspective on utilizing my stuff.

Im a UL explorer. My stuff is totally under wraps. Im sure the vast majority of your stuff is something similar. What do you do when you go on a novice on an outing and their stuff is finished poop and very weighty? Just let them gain from their mix-ups?

I comprehend the need to move slowly with fledglings yet I have an inclination we will stop to rest like clockwork