Petro1234, I’ve spoken to folks from England over the decades and have learned of the difficulties of accessing lands for recreation. That is a foreign concept in my corner of the North American continent. Three tents of a mile (a bit less than half a kilometer) as the raven flies from my front door is a portal to 400 square miles of wilderness starting with surreal desert at 2700’ (823 meters), a labyrinth of trails leading to mountain peaks over 9000’ (more than 2700 meters) through countless canyons.

That is my playground. It is so vast that I carry 7 maps from ultra detailed to a couple that completely cover the entire area at a less detailed scale. We walk into it from home, no driving necessary. There are lions, bighorn sheep and bears…oh my. Lots of other wildlife and flora from saguaros to ponderosa pine. Some of it is National Park but easy to be alone. We usually go into the National Forest wilderness which is much closer and in my opinion better. The entire West and in my opinion especially the Southwest is thee gem of the outdoors. Even though it is amazingly vast we treat it with a lot of respect on all levels.

It’s a different perspective than many Europeans normally experience but we welcome vacationers and travelers.

Edited by Arizona (07/07/21 02:47 PM)