Long story short, I should have heeded your advice and just bought a new tent. It poured for 8 hours straight one night, and the Nikwax did very little to improve the waterproofness of my tent. The fly just seemed to soak up the water and because the water then weighed down the fly, it would come in contact with my tent. The water would then come in through the sides. Well actually, it was coming up from the ground and dripping in through the top, and the back of the tent (due to poor design imo) as well. Not as bad as the last rainstorm experience, but that is probably because it stopped raining after 8 hours lol.

So bottom line my tent is now in the trash. And I had to bail from my trip on day 6 of 10 because I wasnt getting enough sleep. I got 17 hours of sleep in 5 nights. I just woke up at home from sleeping for 12 hours straight. My sleeping system has never been comfortable, but I guess with my age, my level of comfort required has increased. So I've already trashed my pillow and my pad. My Western Mountaineering bag will be difficult to part with because it cost so much but I think I'll try to sell it even with a small tear in the bag.

Positives from the trip include 3 great views. However, I'm not sure backpacking is going to be for me. Aside from all the problems mentioned, I just wasnt enjoying myself. Spending 5 days trudging up and down mountains for 3 good views (none of which required to be backpacked to) isnt worth it IMO, at least for me. My fitness level wasnt what it should have been either, although I did hit my mileage each day, with one of them being a 16 mile day. So at this point I'm not really sure if I'll even invest in new equipment and might just stick with day hiking.