Hi, I'm looking for a backpack to replace my beloved, well used 12 year old Osprey Talon 44, which has finally just plumb worn out!

Normally I would hit up a few stores, try on packs, but with everything still closed, and me needing a new pack, I have to order something sight unseen. I'm tempted just to order ALL 4 PACKS, and then return the 3 losers!!!!!?? But what a hassle......

My main issue I'm having, is I need a pack with some sort of straps (on bottom?) to easily attach my 26" long, fragile Fly-Rod. It's broken down, and in a fabric covering. With my Talon 44, I have used the straps to also tie my Tent poles, and occasionally other stuff, like a rolled up closed cell pad for my dogs. Hence, these straps finally wore out, and tore away from the pack due to strapping everything down so tight. I have already repaired these areas several times. In the past I have had packs with no bottom straps, so I had to stick the Fly-Rod down into the pack somehow, which can lead to worn holes, due to the sharp ends of the fly rod - not to mention possibly a broken fly rod! I have yet to find a Fly-Rod hardshell case light enough for backpacking.

I'm a slender, fit, 57 year old guy, 5' 8", 150 lbs, generally carry 27 - 32 lbs at full weight including water, staying out 2 - 5 days. I also use my pack for all day hikes. I don't need side pockets on the belt, so no problem with the Exos in that dept.

I have spent the past few weeks pouring over reviews and videos, and have it down to 4 packs I'm thinking of. Price does not matter, I want a pack that will work for me, probably for the next decade!

1) Getting ANOTHER Talon 44. Great pack, the only issue I have, is I have to REALLY stuff the sucker, and a tad larger would be nice, so I'm not forced to tie on extra stuff to the said mentioned straps. Also, it seems my other choices would be overall more comfortable packs to carry?

2) Atmos 65 - 4 lbs 8 oz lbs, compared to my 2 lb 7 oz Talon! More than two lbs heavier! It does look like it has the straps on the bottom to easily attach my fly rod. Is the pack "better enough" than my Talon for my uses to justify TWO POUNDS MORE!?!

3) Exos 58, 2 lbs 11 oz It appears to have the bottom "sleeping pad" straps, they might be thinner than the Talon, and might wear out even faster??

4) Granite Gear Blaze 60 3lbs. Gets great reviews, and leads me to think about leaving Osprey........but where the heck does the Fly-Rod go????

Thanks in advance for any and all comments!