Interesting...they were pretty cheap...$180 if I remember right and made-to-order I think,(maybe, maybe not. After placing order, you tell them which color you want to be right-zip or left), and they got here from China pretty quick. Maybe they have shell fabrics with baffles sewn in ready to be stuffed depending on what fill pwr you order and then they just add the down and the zippers/hoods/drawstrings etc. That's how I'd do it anyway, lol. Only reason I bring up price is bc maybe what we "saved", we're making up for in design quality. Dunno.

At any rate, it does seem like the baffles aren't attached to anything on the zipper side or the other side, opposite the zipper. Long sides sewn to top and bottom layers of shell fabric then shell fabric stitched to shell fabric with zipper tape (and that draft-blocking flap they put along zippers) between shell fabrics. On the compartment I currently have open, some baffle material seems to be connected where the shell/zipper tape seam is, but that seems coincidental.

Just felt through another (yet unopened) compartment, and I can feel the gap between compartments.

Figured out today I can open a compartment near the baffle and fill one compartment, put my funnel on the other side of the baffle and fill adjacent compartment and close it up. Half the sewing, woohoo! Should be all done tomorrow or the next day and aleeping better, hopefully :-D

Edited by Jenny (01/26/20 06:51 PM)