If you will not be camping in temps lower than 50-60* F, you will not be camping in Colorado, and certainly not in the mountains. In the Colorado Rockies (say, above 9000 feet), you can expect frosty nights at any time. I would not venture out, even in midsummer, with less than a 20*F bag.

If you don't mind more weight, you can find sleeping bags with 500 or 600 fill down that will do the job. With the price of high quality down escalating rapidly (my beloved Western Mountaineering Ultralite bag, if bought new now, would be almost double the price I paid in 2007), most of us can't afford the high quality stuff. Better to put up with the heavier bag now.

Pay close attention to the EN13537 ratings and also to your sleeping pad rating (the 2020 standards for sleeping pads are being required by retailers REI and MEC, but watch out for sales on older, non standardized pads). New sleeping pad standards can be found here.

Edited by OregonMouse (01/08/20 03:22 PM)