2020 update, i have just finalised most of the prices and costs estimates up for sponsorship and other funding avenues, all of it is on a per person addendum. Of course i wont release these figures here because well it only suited for people who are interested but it is no way near ( expense wise ) then what i have heard other people comment about this trip the likely hood of costs. Between 10 -18k NZD New Zealand Bucks per person ALL IN, this was taken from the upper 50% - 75% of the ranges of prices ( not the cheapest but not the most expensive) i had researched and that includes zero days average food cost, zero days in hostels/backpackers or equivalents, running costs like fuel, mobile network carriers, food for on route trekking. Considering an average budget for a NZ Thru Hike is between 7K to 12.5K NZD ( From research when i tramped TA trail 2018 as well as FAQ on TA Trail Trust Website )'' An amount of NZD$7,000-10,000 has been suggested by previous walkers for a 5-month through-walk. '' TA TRAIL & That is 5 months in NZ with NZD currency.

I think what people thought in mind is their own economy and not Russia's economy when they wrote such remarks that it would cost in the 6 figures per person for a trip. Unless your living a like a king everyday high on the hog, then realistically for a trip such as this, that is neither efficient value wise for this trip way of living, not thrifty economically for trip of this length or adds value collectively to everyone's total cost individually. This is a fact Cost of living in Russia is 47.74% lower than in New Zealand ( link That is compared to the New Zealand Dollar, and all my estimates as stated are taken from the average to upper 75% of the prices that were given. I didn't add this statement to insult or demean anyone, just that anyone had logic would actually back up their words with facts and research, not just blind-founded ignorance.

Hope this adds to any potential parties interest that in reality total costs wont cost 6 figures, the whole angle of this trip of how I am pitching this to potential fund backers and sponsors ( not agenda) aside from promoting Outdoor Recreation to youth and as whole Preservation, Participation & Perceptions that individually or collectively what outdoors recreation can teach and apply to life experiences or personal growth on Humanity particularly for youth into the future BUT the fact that anyone can do an expedition REGARDLESS of cost, length or any other prejudice that stands in his/her way OR that you don't have to be filthy rich to do insane ( societies perception ) Outdoor Recreation or adventures.