My all time favorite backpacking cook set is an emptied 12 oz Vienna sausage can (Goya) with a cut down lid from another aluminum can (cat food, another V. sausage cut with a side-opener) inside an aluminum-foam cozy over a generic version of a Ziplock bowl, along with a titanium spoon. The can is my pot as well as cup. I added some grab spots and lip guard by dabbing on some RTV high temp silicone. My meals are pretty much add water and wait a bit, pre-cooked and dehydrated or freeze-dried. If I need more than about 10 oz of hot water, I just heat a bit more. IIRC, along with a micro stove made from tea light aluminum cups,foil covered corrugated cardboard table protector/heat reflector, and a hardware cloth stand,the whole shebang was about 4 oz. I've tried a lot of other things,but small size and weight win out when I want to make miles and go super light.I even got down to one hot meal per day in the summer, needing only .5 to 1 Esbit tabs per day (then no need for the alcohol stove). I eat out of my little prefab food bags and lick the spoon clean, sanitizing it the next time I heat water. A cold coffee shake or chocolate covered coffee beans take care of my caffeine boost in the morning. If I have hot coffee, I tend to sip and linger too long. OK for base camp, but not when I need to get in miles.