Originally Posted By OregonMouse
I don't have time to check your video, but here, on the home page of this site, is an excellent 27-pound, 7 day gear list. My own gear list was modeled from this list. This is a three-the season list which has worked well for me in the high Rockies and Cascades.

Note that the above gear list is in ounces, so you'll have to convert. Base weight of 15 lb. is approximately 6.8 kg.; total weight of 27 lb. is approximately 12.2 kg. My own gear list is about 3 lb. (1.4 kg) lighter, so I can go for 9-10 days between resupplies for the 27 lb. total weight.

Unfortunately, most of us Americans have trouble thinking in grams. Fortunately, computers have easy conversion programs!

There are links to other gear lists in the "sticky" post by "phat" in the Backcountry Beginners section of this forum. His is for the northern Rockies in Canada (northern Alberta).

Thank you, that is very kind of you to provide us with the useful info sources. This is a real journey of putting the backpack together quite light but still carrrying all the necessary stuff. Any new ideas are always appreciated.