Hey

No, the sleeping bag is numbered 600, because it contains 600 grams of goose down (700+ cuin and at our upper budget limit). It's not ultra compact, but the Mammut Sphere was simply too expensive and couldn't be coupled. (and the coupling was really necessary below freezing.)

I tried putting the gear in the 88L pack today and it all fitted okay, but there wasn't a ton of extra space.
Mind you, I didn't put in ANY food, nor my camera and electronics stuff, or my La Sportiva shoes, or the water bottles, sandals, or a first aid kit.. Everything would fit and the pack would still be incredibly comfortable to carry.

Our cooking gear currently consists of a Jetboil minimo, done. We have titanium mugs, but no cutlery (yet) and won't bring plates or coffee cookers, etc. So, that doesn't take up loads of space.

I could fit it all into the 75L bag, but it would be really tight. (also, I clearly need a size M and couldn't get the 75 in that size)

The whole pack weighed maybe 15 kilos at most.

The footprint is necessary, because the tent floor is 15D nylon. I don't trust this at all on a rocky ground.

So, I could maybe do with the 65L bag, if I compress my stuff more and push it into the bag really hard, but I simply don't want that.

The Xenith is ultra comfortable and I like the idea of having enough space to be able to just stuff my stuff in there without having to sit on top and hop up and down to be able to close it againt. smile

I'll see if I can find the 75L in size M, but if I cant, I'll keep the 88L bag. The price was too good.

Edited by Mbphoto (05/25/19 03:31 PM)