Thanks for the inputs

I too am a little afraid of over-filling the 88L, but it's only 40 grams more than the 75L... Haha.. And only 2cm longer and wider, and 3cm deeper than the Atmos 65AG, when filled to the brim.

The sleeping bag doesn't go any smaller. You can compress the stock stuffsack too, but it's still pretty big afterwards. I have an ultrasil compression stuffsack that I use for my down jacket and the down pillow (don't throw any stones now!)

Regarding clothing:
I bring my hardshell (GTX) and the down jacket, nothing else. (the gtx is my rain jacket too, but the down jacket is not rainproof)
I need 3 pairs of boxers.. LoL.. We're talking 15 days here and you cannot wash every day. (and I'm a germophobic!)
You're right about the shirts. One each would probably be fine. But, again, I need to be able to wash them. The merino didn't dry over night.

The flip flops were used for the toilet/shower in Nepal. I guess, if you go camping wild, you don't need them.

The 3 ppl tent is actually for two. My better half carries the sleeping mats in her pack (that's how we "split" the sleeping stuff.)
We went with the freelite 3 because it's lighter than a hubba hubba nx (2 ppl tent) and leaves a bit of extra space to take gear inside (did I mention my camera?) and move around.

The footprint is necessary only if you set up on harsh grounds (and I'm not going to ruin a 500$ tent that way!).

The silk liner is either for super cold nights inside the bag, or, as I've used it, for nights in tea houses where it's 25 degrees (celsius) at night.
I'm a germophobic (comes with being a Biochemist, I guess?) and cannot sleep in a bed that hasn't been made for me. (hotels are fine, but many tea houses NEVER change sheets during the season..)

Re the camera: I took nearly 2k pictures over 3 weeks. Still, on steep descents, I stuff it in the pack, because I need both poles (stupid knees..)

I guess, if I make a pack list for different occasions I should be able to keep the weight down a little?
The 65 simply was nowhere near enough.

Even if I leave out all of the following:

1 shirt, 1 set of boxers, the flip flops, tent footprint, silk liner, and camera.
It's still cramped in there.

I'm probably just not comfy enough with reducing the stuff that I bring, for a lack of experience.