Let me step into the Wayback machine...

The only reason I even looked at MSR tents was that I was then using a Moss Helix (?) one-person tent; I think it might have eventually led to the Hubba design. As I recall, it was a single pole, running somewhat diagonally across the tent (I think it was actually 5-sided - one of the long sides was pushed out and given a slight angle to accommodate the door.) It was a really neat tent, and “only” weighed about 4 pounds - which would have been ultralight for its time except that “ultralight” hadn’t been invented yet.

I really liked Moss tents, and really liked MSR tents. Now that I’ve committed to removing as much pack weight as possible (so I can keep backpacking into my 80s, by saving my knees now), I’ve switched to a Fly Creek UL1 only because it is the best balance of light and functional I’ve found in double-wall tents - so far. (For what it’s worth, Franco, it’s lighter than the Rainbow 1 - and yes, I am visiting the Tarptent page again regularly. I haven’t ruled out a single-wall tent, even though I hike in Humid Valley, Ohio. Any recommendations you care to make would be appreciated. By the way, good to see you posting again.)