I pack separate car camping stuff when I backpack and spend a night before the trip at a campground. The main reason is that I do not have to chance getting my gear wet and do not have to re-pack when ready to go. I have some old heavier but plush insulated pads that I use for car camping. My backpack pad is really minimal.

Another reason is that you do sacrifice durability to get light weight, so much of the light backpack gear nowadays is not only expensive but I want to have it last the longest time I can for backpacking. I do not want to wear it out car camping when I have other stuff that works just fine.

Over years of backpacking I have no shortage of old sleeping gear! I have a heavy synthetic bag I use before I could afford a high quality down bag. That is now my car camping bag. When my backpack tents becomes too unreliable, they becomes my car camping tent. If it sprung a leak, I could always bail out into the car.

PS. Glen! The tent you gave me has been used a lot and now is almost ready to become my next car camping tent. Cannot thank you enough for giving me that tent.