So, in April, we will do the Manaslu circuit and I'm already giddy like a little boy about this endeavour.

Being a hobbyist photographer used to log around a lot of gear all the time, I was obviously wondering whether I should bring the DLSR kit along or not.

The kit weighs around 2.1 kilograms (body with 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, and 85mm lenses) and the alternative would be my Fuji X-T10 with 12mm, 18mm and 35mm lenses at somewhere below 1kg.

I won't bring my tripod, except for a little Gorillapod or similar tabletop tripod to do some long exposures with the clouds and waterfalls and stuff.

The reason, why I'm asking, is the following:
There's 1 porter per trekker, so we don't have to carry too much ourselves.

Obviously, I don't want to use the guy as a mule, so I'm packing lightweight with everything else anyways.

However, last year I brought both the Fuji and the Nikon to Norway and ended up disliking the Fuji for most applications, especially in the woods and at night. The results I got from the Nikon were simply a lot better. (Also, green foliage from the X-Trans sensor drives me mad.. I hate it!)

Long story short:
Is this one of those treks, where you don't go for the sake of photography and can easily compromise a little quality-wise for the sake of saving weight, or would you do your best to get the best possible results because it's possible that you'll never get there again?

These are some examples I got with the Fuji 2 years ago when roadtripping the USA:

Angel's Landing in Zion

And the Horseshoe bend in Arizona

The camera performs great when you stay out of the woods and go about your business during the day laugh

The problem is, there's supposed to be loads of woods on the Manaslu trek...

Cheers and your insight is highly appreciated