It’s partly about weight, but it’s also about the pack’s suspension (hipbelt, frame, and shoulder straps.) The heavier the load, the sturdier the suspension you’ll need.

I’m familiar with the male versions: Atmos 50 (Aura) and Exos 58 (Eja.) Both are good packs. However, for a new-to-backpacking person who isn’t really sold on ultralight (the cost or the compromises), the Aura is probably the better choice. It has a sturdier suspension, which may mean that, if you’re carrying closer to a 30 pound load (not unusual for a long weekend or week), you’ll be much more comfortable in it. The hipbelt and shoulder straps are more padded, and the frame is more robust, which usually means better load transfer to your hips.

Now, about that weight rule. I’ve always heard that you shouldn’t carry more than a third of your body weight, and that 25% is better. So, at 110, you should be able to handle 35 pounds max, with 25 pounds being better. That’s right in the 30-pound load that I’ve seen most non-ultralight hikers carry for a long weekend.

However, for the best comfort, I’ve always modified that rule a bit: 25-33% of your ideal weight. Anything over your ideal weight has to be added to your pack weight. (Think about it: if you weighed 20 more pounds, would you really be able to carry an extra 5 pounds of pack as comfortably? Doesn’t make sense, does it?) Also, what kind of hiking shape are you in? Do you hike often?

On the other hand, if you’re a little out of shape, or a little overweight, hiking with a pack will take some of the weight off, and condition you to carrying a pack, which means you will find it more comfortable to carry that pack over time.

You’ll also learn what you need and, more importantly, don’t need over time. You mention practice hikes. When you come home from those hikes, unpack into two piles. In the first pile, put your essentials (first aid kit, toilet kit, rain gear, etc.) and the things you actually used. In the second pile, put your uneaten food and the things you didn’t use. Next time, don’t take the second pile.

From my experience leading groups of people like you describe yourself (newbies, maybe a little overweight, and not wanting to commit to ultralight), a 30-pound load for 5 days is easily attainable (especially when sharing gear with someone) and not too burdensome. Probably half to two-thirds of those folks end up with an Atmos 50 or Aura 50 - some after trying the Exos or Eja first.