Lately I've been taking my kids backpacking and unfortunately that has left no room for a chair. If I go with just peers I really enjoy having a backrest at the end of the day.

I have a Helinox Zero and an Alite Monarch Butterfly. The Helinox has 4 legs and actually weighs less than the Alite. Even with that I actually prefer the 2 legs of the Alite. It gives me the ability to infinitely adjust my recline position. I tend to believe people get too worked up over needing to use your legs for stability with the Alite Chair.

Another option to consider is the Sling Light: https://slinglight.com/sl2/orders/

Weights are similar to the Helinox and Alite but it is a much bigger chair and even has a headrest option. It trades off sitting volume by not being able to fold down very compactly. You would definitely have to strap it to the outside of your pack. They have been out of production for some time but decided to make one last run and are accepting pre-orders. I've never used one but have heard good things on various forums.

Edited by BZH (10/22/18 11:23 AM)