I have a "solo" pot that is adequate in volume, but have gone back to my smaller titanium pot (the smaller of the 3-pots in the SnoPeak set- I think about 1 liter?), simply because the weight is not much more and it is so much more useful. Try to wash your face with a solo pot- ugh. I always like my hot drink WITH my meal, so I have a very light small titanium cup. The regular pot is less "tippy" than the solo pot. No danger of accidently spilling my meal.

Also consider how you will pack the pot. My pot very nicely fits exactly over the end of my tent bag so is not at all awkward to pack. When enough food is eaten, I then pack it inside the bear can. Stove and matches fit inside the cup which fits inside the pot along with my foam cozies for my cup.

The small pot is marginally adequate for two people. I usually take the medium pot if I go with someone.

Be sure to take a lid. Boiling water without a lid wastes a lot of fuel. I have "cozies" for each pot made of old blue foam sleeping pads that have worn out. The foam is held around the pot with a rubber band. There is a round cut-out for top and bottom.