Originally Posted By packlite
Keith forgive me for responding without any help to offer.

I just wanted to share a similar experience. Back in late 90's I found a shoe that fit perfect and that I could use for hiking, backpacking, scrambling. Back then, at least, great gear could be here this year and gone the next. They went on sale and I bought about 12 pair! I still have several pair and still wear them - going on 20 years. Montrail Hurricane Ridge.

thanks,
charles

This can backfire on you. Years ago I was using Lowa Renegade and Klondike boots and liked them so much I bought several extra pairs when I found them on sale. I wore them a few times, then set them aside for the future. Later, after a bout with plantar fasciitis, I determined I needed to use a larger size, but I hung on to them, thinking I might still wear them occasionally. Finally, during a purge of my apartment, I decided to give them to the Goodwill, and when I got them out, still in their boxes, the midsoles had deteriorated to the extent that the soles just fell off. Big mess, nearly impossible to repair, so they basically went directly from the store to the dumpster. I'm glad you've had better luck.