Originally Posted By BZH
I know the feeling of trying out a quilt and thinking, "this is going to be way to drafty." That is the first thought I had when I pulled my EE quilt out of the box. One key I found was snapping and cinching down on the neck. That pulled the quilt around me all the way down my sides to the foot box. Before cinching the neck it was in essence free flowing at the top and felt like a blanket that wasn't wide enough.

You definitely need enough material to tuck underneath you, so you don't get as much weight savings as you might think at first. But they do end up being lighter and less constricting than a normal sleeping bag.

The material I have is all 60" wide (probably 58" after sewing). My thought is that after using it a while if it ends up being to wide (based on how I use it) I can always sew a new edge and cut off the excess.

Some designs show sewing it all together with the eventual outside on the inside (leaving one side open) then pulling it out through the opening and sewing the opening up. On my Campmor everything is just sewn as it will be used with an edge of 1-1/2" grosgrain to finish it off. Trying to decide which way to go, the latter is definitely easier, but then you have the extra weight of the grosgrain.