Originally Posted By bobito9
I've never bought titanium pots, out of frugality, but I had been thinking about it recently. However, the employee at REI told me that titanium transfers heat more poorly than aluminum, so you end up taking longer to reach a boil and use more fuel than with aluminum. To me this seems like a deal-breaker, especially since aluminum recently doesn't seem much heavier. Anyone else ever heard this?
By the way, I do have one titanium pot which I found left behind at a trailhead. Don't know the brand, but it has the INCREDIBLY annoying problem that when it gets hot, it wants to slide like ice right off my stove if it is at all unlevel. Ridiculous and useless!

I wouldn't use an Aluminium cooking pot if you paid me a million bucks!
Titanium pots are stronger, far more heat resistant, far more and corrosion resistant, and are completely non toxic, so apart from the price difference (which is getting lower over time), Titanium pots are better than Aluminium pots in every respect.
And especially when you factor in that Aluminium is toxic!
It easily leeches into acidic foods heated in Aluminium pots and over time it gives you Alzeimers disease:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...in-disease.html
My advice would be to ditch every bit of Aluminium cookware you currently own and switch to either Stainless Steel cookware at home, and to Titanium cookware for hiking and camping etc.

Edited by Alf (06/27/18 07:50 PM)