Hello! I’m moving to Glenwood Springs, CO near Aspen and I’m trying to gage the level of fear I should have about mountain lions in the area. I’m most worried about my dog getting attacked. I realize that attack’s on humans are rare but they seem to like hunting in backyard/urban areas and I want to be sure I’m taking steps to protect my dog. He’s 70 lbs with a loud guard bark but I have read too many stories online of people letting their dogs(even large ones) out at night in the backyard only to get pounced on and attacked by a mountain lion. A 5 y/o boy was attacked in his yard a few miles north of Aspen a few years ago as well(Mom pried jaws open and saved him) Needless to say these stories terrify me and I wonder can I ever truly relax in my own home? I’m starting to become consumed by this and hoping to get some words of wisdom from people who live in areas such as these and how you go about these issues. I love the outdoors/hiking/skiing and would hate for this to interfere in enjoying it. Thank you so much for any input you have! Laura