Originally Posted By Bill Kennedy
Pretty clever. I wonder if the cotton will reduce the flow too much once it's wet and the fibers cling together.

Does not seem to...When I put it all together, and was finally able to try squeezing some water through the ACF, I suddenly had washer gushing out from the input end of the thread adaptor (the bottle end)...Clearly it wasn't sealing properly, so I wasn't able to put enough pressure through it to properly test it. I immediately looked online for food grade Silicone washers and found a company called Silex that offered Silicone washers in virtually every possible size...They had a minimum order of 50 washers per size, which meant I had to pay about £35 just to get one washer! Desperate to get the ACF working I ordered fifty 25mm x 15mm x 3mm washers and then I had to wait a couple of weeks or so for them to arrive. A single washer was enough to seal the leak and I was able to squeeze water through the cotton balls easily but then I had another problem...Water was leaking out of the Silicone sealant between the PET bottle tops and the Aquarium tubing. I gave up as I don't know of any adhesives that could glue the two different materials together and form a water tight seal. I am thinking of alternative solutions such as replacing the aquarium tubing with clear Perspex tubing instead, as I already have a adhesive that can glue Perspex. I am busy on other projects at the moment, so that may be a while away.