Hey Everyone!

Earlier this week i took the first step to a dream i've had for many years and that's booking my flight to Alaska and more specifically, visiting Dick Proenneke's cabin! I'm beyond ecstatic!

I will be going the last week of August 2018. I arrive in Anchorage at 1am on a Saturday morning and tentatively planning to have Lake Clark Air fly me out at 7am that same morning.

The end goal is to spend time around Dick's cabin. So i am debating 2 routes. Either get dropped off at lower twin and spend a day or two casually hiking to Dick's place. Or option B, get dropped of at Turquois Lake and hike over the mountains to Dick's place. While i've done a great deal of reading what i can find about the plan B option (mostly on outfitters sites), i haven't found any maps that show the actual route people take. I know there aren't any trails, but i'd like to be able to visually see the path i would be taking so i can plan the days out and know what elevations/terrain to expect for each. The last thing i want to do is spend to much wandering the mountains and not get enough time at Dick's place.

Has anyone on here specifically hiked either of those options?