That is beautiful Packlite!!

I'm pretty jealous looking at all that!

I should've started my plants a lot earlier and I'm gonna try to do better this year.

We didn't get a hard cold spell here until a few days before Christmas, and we left about a week before then to visit kids and grandkids living in Florida and got back on New Years Eve.

My sweet wife passed a flu going around at her work to me a couple days before we left and I've been fighting it since.

My garden is in the middle of our back yard, in the "pasture" where our burros are, and I've gone out there and fed "the critters" everyday since we got back but haven't checked on my lettuce since we left. Just haven't had the umph after all the chores are done.

I'll try again tomorrow to see what's going on in there but I don't expect much to be left. The covered row must be dried up and pretty close to frozen right now. If not, I should have some lettuce ready to eat and that would be a real treat!

On the plus side, I've been keeping an eye on some wild Mullein we have out there and that stuff still looks great. That plant is truly amazing and I think I might start growing and selling it because nothing seems to bug it much and it loves it here. I went down to the lake at the bottom of the ridge we live on the day before we left to harvest some for my daughter and it's growing like crazy down there.

I know people sell it. I've not looked into how much they charge but I sure have access to tons of it here, and all the seeds I could ever need to grow it in my back yard. The burros won't eat it, so I don't even have to protect it from them laugh

"You want to go where?"