From Photobucket:

Quote:
Need to share images to other websites?

Upgrade to our Plus 500 plan for $399.99 a year
That's Just over $1 a day!

Holy Moly!!!

I know I can make an app as good or maybe even better than theirs and charge half of what they're charging, and let you link your images to display here and on other sites (like Facebook).

I've written almost all the code to do it already. It'd probably only take me a few weeks to get it up and running.

I ran some numbers on my costs. If I can get 5 people to sign up for $30 a year I can give you each 50GB of storage and 200,000 MB of downloads per month (uploads are free). I seriously doubt anyone here will hit anything close to 200,000 MB of downloads, but I get 1TB per month with each 250GB block of storage I buy so that's we have to work with.

I can buy storage in blocks now (this is new), and I'll know soon if I get any discount on larger blocks, but that's already a pretty great deal and I'll pass on any discounts on larger blocks. There are other costs involved (app server, database server, email server, etc) but I already built and pay for those to run and won't incur any additional cost to use them with this app.

If you don't find anything better let me know and I'll build the app.

"You want to go where?"