Just heard that the north section of the town of Sonoma is being evacuated. My daughter and her husband live a couple miles southwest of Sonoma, and so far their place is OK. My daughter is currently in Europe (left yesterday), but my son-in-law is an ER physician at the Sonoma Hospital so is still there. I haven't heard if they are evacuating the hospital yet--it's just south of the street that is the evacuation zone boundary, so I'm sure they are at least making preparatory arrangements.

My SIL's mother and stepfather live in Fairfield, fortunately well south of I-80.

I just heard from Canine Companions for Independence (where my late dog Hysson came from) that they have evacuated all the dogs (and the facility's one cat) from their Santa Rosa center. It's not threatened (yet), but the smoke levels are on the extreme end of unhealthy, and a number of their staff have lost homes or can't get in due to closed roads.

The photos/videos from the area are just horrific! Miles of completely burned out houses!

Please stay safe, balzaccom, and any others who are in that area!

Edited by OregonMouse (10/11/17 10:25 PM)