OK, so your daughter is a fully grown woman and will need an adult pack; none of this youth stuff applies here.

The most important aspects of a backpack are fit, fit, and fit. The pack must fit the individual wearer, must fit the individual's gear, and must be comfortable for the individual wearer with her gear (including food and water or a weight/volume mockup of same) inside.

I still think that 35 lbs. total pack weight is a very heavy pack (no way can I carry that much) and would help your daughter work to cut that weight by another 5 lbs. There are a number of articles on the home page of this site , including suggested gear lists, that will help. (Forget the nonsense about cutting off clothing labels, though--I tried it some years ago. The total of all labels (including some gear labels) didn't register even 0.1 oz. on my postage scale, and I lost vital size/fabric content/laundry information.)

My own gear list is modeled on the 27-lb.,7-day gear list on this site's home page--although I used that list as guidelines for weight, not brands. By cutting her base weight, there will be more room and less burden for technical items needed for specific trips (camera, scientific gear, etc.).

Here is an article about backpack selection and fitting. It's important that your daughter have someone else do the measuring! My own efforts at measuring my torso length (vertical distance between the bump at the back of the neck and a horizontal line at the top of the pelvic girdle) have come out inches diifferent every time.

I strongly recommend a woman-specific backpack, or at least one with S-shaped straps such as those offered by ULA Equipment (their Catalyst model with the S straps is another pack model that might be good for her situation). For most of us of the female persuasion (and figure), unisex packs don't quite do the job, although that depends on the individual and on the specific pack. I doubt that your daughter will find what she needs under $200. Please don't buy on price alone--fit is far more important!

As a guideline, look at the manufacturers' websites for their specifications and note the maximum recommended weight capacity which that model pack will support. Then subtract 5 lbs for a more realistic number!

One other thing--although you are paying for the backpack and providing guidance, your daughter is the one who will be using it--she's a grown woman, it's her backpack, and the purchasing decisions should be hers, please!