I haven't seen an ink jet printer that would automatically print both sides. On the other hand, .pdf files can be printed on both sides by selecting that in the print menu and your printer may support printing on both sides, but you will have to turn the paper over and run it through again. When I have to do this, I prefer to print 6 or 10 pages at a time so that a misfeed doesn't throw my paging off too far. I have a wide carriage ink jet printer that I use to print maps, but I only print one map at a time. I can print the other side by flipping the paper over and running it through a second time. Watch that the maps print legibly. Many of my topo maps don't. The contour lines often don't contrast well enough with the background. If you use Caltopo.com, you might see if you can turn shading off. It often looks good on screen, but not on paper. If I'm printing text or black and white, I use a laser printer which will print both sides automatically. If you've got text and graphics, it's a good idea to test the graphics and see that they come out right. Taking it to a commercial printer isn't a bad idea, but it would be a good idea to ask for test prints before printing the whole batch.