Copper Spur, without question. Although I personally prefer the MSR Hubba series (strictly personal preference), I have owned a Copper Spur UL1 and found it to be a good tent. I had zero issues with it.

I remember when the original North Face was THE brand used by people who actually went outside. All of us budget conscious folks saved up for a TNF sleeping bag, tent, or pack - all were great, back in the day.

Now, after a decade of concentrating on fashion clothing only, the resurgent TNF gear line is (in my opinion), like their clothing, for people who want to look like they go outside. I've only seen one TNF tent in action - a friend had one, used it twice, got wet both times (once from rain, once from condensation), and foisted it off on some poor unsuspecting Boy Scout. It probably worked well enough for the car camping the troop did.

If you decide on the TNF, be sure the rainfly covers the tent completely - his had essentially a half fly, and a "waterproof" body on the uncovered half. The leak came when the breeze blew the rain under the fly and into the tent through the non-waterproof fabric of the other half of the tent. The fly didn't overlap onto the waterproof fabric enough to prevent the leak. He also had a problem with ventilation and condensation.

Spend the extra money on the Copper Spur. It's intended to really function outsider in bad weather. (I know this from several storms spent in mine.) I'd buy another one without a second thought.