Thanks guy's! Hardest part about that trip, as I think I mentioned, was getting the reservations/permits.
I'd rather do a trip like you're doing, 41253, but didn't want to put my bro-in-law through that. If it's practical, I'd highly reccommend Plateau Point at sunset while you're out there on the Tonto.

Clear Creek is awesome! If I remember correctly you're there in June-Wow, that's gonna be some of kind of hot!

As WD mentioned, reservations are made and cancelled routinely. Outfitters book em up and then cancel when they don't need them. Same for backcountry permits and meals at the Ranch. Your rooms will almost certainly open up, you've just got to keep checking. BTW-Accomodations are much nicer at Maswik!

Zion is an amazing place! Unfortunately, like many of our National Parks these days, the facilities are grossly inadequate for the crowds. Last time I was there, we ended up just driving thru, as there was no place to stay. My mistake really, thinking I could just show up. I hear that they're considering going to a permit system for entry into the Park. Sad, but inevitable it seems. Hope your experience there is better than mine!

Good luck on your Grand Canyon excursion! Hope everything falls into place.
Bill

Edited by HPD (02/04/17 01:35 PM)