Originally Posted By BZH
I don't hammock but I've looked into it a bit and know these guys are popular for suspension: https://whoopieslings.com/

A space blanket hung underneath the hammock might be good enough for under insulation (stuff with dried leaves if you get cold).

I haven't tried either of those yet; the space blanket sounds like a good experiment for this weekend since we're supposed to have some exceptionally cold weather.

Originally Posted By BZH
The walking stick sounds like a pound of nostalgia to me.

Ordinarily I agree with you. Hiking near home, the rocks are mostly sandstone and I don't need it so I don't carry it. On this hike, the rocks are quartzite and with the leaves down it's slippery as it can be. I took it with me when we hiked the area around Thanksgiving and quite literally it saved me from falling frequently. I will replace it with a much lighter one, though.

Originally Posted By BZH
You have a battery charger and batteries and two light sources (three if you include the phone). Seems like an awful lot of redundancy for electronics. How important are the electronics to your enjoyment/safety?

Originally Posted By toddfw2003
I agree. I would ditch two of the light sources.

Good point about the light. The inflatable lantern can go; it was for camp use, but I can just cut a strip from an old milk jug that will rubber band onto the flashlight and make a decent, if somewhat hokey-looking, replacement. I avoid using the phone as a flashlight unless I'm near a wall plug because it sucks the battery down, so I can't really consider the phone as a light source except for short periods and in emergencies. I'll consider leaving it and the battery pack at home, which will save about a pound.

The battery pack itself is a phone charger; it won't charge my flashlight batteries. The flashlight batteries are AAA. (It was unclear from your post, BZH, whether you realized that or not; apologies if I'm misreading you.) For anything less than a week I think I can get by with just the lithium batteries in the flashlight; no spares. So that saves an ounce.

Originally Posted By toddfw2003
22lbs is a pretty heavy base weight. If you dont mine carrying it then thats cool. my base is about 8lbs

For winter as well? I bet you have a down shell rather than fleece, and I bet your sleeping bag is lighter than mine (although it can't be more than a pound lighter, can it?), and I bet you're in either a tarp or a bivy. Amirite?

Thank you both for your input!