Originally Posted By Glenn Roberts
And, since you don't say anything about the bear coming back, I assume you've proven that the odor of human urine and feces doesn't attract them? (Sorry, couldn't resist. smile )

Well, in that kind of a situation there's only 2 responses. One where fear takes over and you lose everything, and one where you freeze and wait to get hit. In my case, it was a giant full body clench waiting to be run over, which luckily didn't happen. Happy to report that no change of underwear was needed. Again, probably due to stupidity.

Deer are attracted to urine though, and it doesn't matter whether it's human or not. I haven't tested it after eating asparagus, but I know that many times hunters will just pee off their tree stands, and the deer will walk right up to it; probably just curious.

Bears don't seem to mind it, but I haven't seen any behaviour as to show an attractiveness to it.

Poo is more of a detractant than an attractant.

My suggestion would be to stick with scents that are insect-repellent based, if you use scented products at all. Anything that would have a sweet smell would undoubtedly be mistaken for food by a bear, or rouse it's curiosity. The more natural you go though, the better it is for everyone and everything.