I have to use the pads, too, and have found that the volume of used pads pretty much equals the volume of food eaten. At least I never come home with more bulk in the food/garbage bag than when I started. I have been known (when I have sufficient time and privacy) to lay the used pads in the sun for an hour or two to let them at least partially dry, which saves both bulk and weight. I don't know about bears, but lots of other animals (especially deer and mountain goats) go after human urine as a source of salt, so do this with great caution. (Also why it's best to pee on rocks or at least on bare ground.)

At least you and I are proof that those of us with such problems can still go backpacking!

As mentioned, the others are no big deal. However, anything with perfume/cosmetic smells (lotion, toothpaste) needs to be in the canister. One of the reasons I use baking soda as a dentifrice is that it is not scented (the other reasons being that it doesn't leave white residue on the ground after spitting, and that it's lighter).