My wife lamented the loss of vegetables on the trail so I bought a freeze dried mix from Just Tomatoes called Just Veggies. I actually ordered it from REI. They taste fine as a crunchy snack, but rehydrate just fine. It's a mix of peas, carrots, corn , and peppers. I boil 1 cup of water, add 2 cups of veggies and 1 packet of mushroom gravy mix. Stir well, cover and set aside in one of our bowls (or a freezer bag) in a cozy. I then boil 2 cups of water to add to Idahoan Instant Mashed Potatoes. When the water is boiled, mix and add in the veggies. Stir in 3 tbsp.'s olive oil. We either cut up Oberto bacon jerky to add to the mix, or have smoked salmon from a packet on the side.
Good amount of calories and good taste. Not really DIY cooking, just selecting some ready made and put together that works well.
In theory, you could add all the ingredients into 1 bag and stir it into the 3 cups of water. The vegetables wouldn't re-hydrate as well, but the taste would still be good. You could easily split the ingredients in half for a single serving. The same process works with adding this mix to scrambled eggs. We've found that OvaEasy egg crystals (also available from REI) are the best of the best of lightweight eggs. It's what Packit Gourmet uses in their breakfast meals. We scramble the eggs with a little bit of olive oil (or sometimes ghee) in our pot, then add the vegetable/bacon mix and a packet of hot sauce. Roll in a flat tortilla.