I figured out how to edit my profile by the way. And this is the cup I have right now.

http://s.stpost.com/eccstorefront/product_images/6329k/f_6329k_1.1.jpg

I am thinking about later using a IMUSA grease pot cup or a main stays grease pot. I want to be able to hike out, stop and cook a meal at some time and hike back. Nothing too fancy. I should be able to do that around here in the local state parks. As far as filtering, I just am not sure how they would feel about it. I feel like I live in a odd part of the state. Around here, people fish and camp. but it's more gamping, glorious camping or car camping. You are not 10 feet from a outlet and a clean water source and a restroom. I mean, we have primitive places to go in some of the state parks, but again, you are just 10 feet from you car and most carry there water. It's not like the AT where there is no one in sight for miles. I don't know, I could be wrong. And there are only trails that are in the local state parks or local camping areas. So if you want to stick to a trail, then the places to go are the state parks. Now, as far as filtering....if the water is polluted with man made chemicals, is the water still safe to drink after filtering and boiling? May be a dumb question, but I always wondered about that, I can see filtering out nasty bugs and what not, but what about chemicals?