I've used quite a few and have my preferences.

Material: carbon fiber. Lightest, which makes a big difference on a long day (you're swinging each hundreds of thousands of times), damps vibration, won't dent and not cold to the touch. Also won't corrode. Potential downside is sudden failure with no warning.

Segments: one-piece is best--lightest and strongest but difficult to stow and transport and of course, must be fitted and is not adjustable on the go. Two-piece is stronger and lighter than three or four but still large when collapsed.

Adjusters: internal expanding joints are stronger than flip locks and leave a smooth pole. Can be much more fiddly to adjust though.

Baskets: I prefer very small trail baskets to bare poles because every once and awhile a bare shaft will jam into something unexpectedly and cause all kinds of grief in a split second.

Confession: I stopped adjusting pole length on the go years ago, just set and forget. Adjustability can be critical when used as shelter poles.

I have CF from Leki and Komperdell, can't recall the model names at this point. Can recommend either brand; there are plenty others but no experience with them. Aim for 8oz or less per pole.

Cheers,