Originally Posted By billstephenson
That's a fair observation. I didn't know the Jehovahs had a limit, so that news to me, but I have a buddy who's a "Witness" so I'll have to ask him now too wink

I onced asked a JW "if there is a limit, and it has been reached, why do you want to still be part of it?" His reply is that the 144000 go to heaven, and the rest live on Earth with Jesus after it is transformed. So, whether or not I agree with their assessment, they still have a plan for "everyone else" that isn't "you are all going to hell". I am not JW so take that for what it is worth.

Anyways, I think we should still preach the good news of get out there and hike! The more people at least try it out, the more advocates for keeping it available for us that use it more. Plus, you can easily escape the crowds by selecting different locations. One week I did a loop to summit the highest point in Utah. Half the loop was very used, the other half was completely empty. Many times a detour off the main trail is all that is needed for solitude.