This is why I am switching to metric....
I like to look at the heaviest stuff I carry because more than 80% of the weight comes from 20% of the items. (Some of you might recognize that as Parado's Principle.)
Some time ago I set my limit for my Sleeping Bag at one Kilo and my current 3 season (High Tail It by NF) is just a bit less. Both tent (Shelter It by Mountainsmith) and my pack also weigh less than a kilo. I can easily get by on one kilo of food per day and eat well. My heaviest rain jacket (Patigonia NO2 and rain pants together weigh a half kilo. The maximum I would ever carry (on a long summer trip, or shorter winter trip) is 10 kilo.
It just seems to work out to be nice round numbers in kilometers. And besides, it is more the international standard than the other system, what ever that is called. (Imperial? English?). Of course some mocho guys might not like the sound of bragging about carrying 23 kilos!

So even at the maximum essentials
Sleeping Bag 1
Mattress .5
Tent 1
Pack 1
Food for 3 days 3
Stove & Cook set .5
Raingear .5
Winter Dn Jacket .5
8 Kilos for the heaviest stuff....

What do you think? Should we all switch to metric?
I found Gasoline is much cheaper in Canada because they use the metric system!
Only $1.37….wow.
Instead of carrying 22 pounds you will only be carrying 10 kilos. Less than half as much as when you were using the other system!