DISCLAIMER: I am an equal opportunity offender, meaning I like to poke fun at everyone and everything including myself, my religion, my heritage, my parents, my wife and kids and especially my mother in law! By continuing to read this, you agree to not be offended and take it for what it's worth, an opinionated observation.

So I find it more than slightly humorous that I can draw a direct comparison between hikers (and any other outdoor activity that draws avid interest) and one of the standard tenets within the belief structure of Jehovah's Witness. A good friend of mine is a Witness and I have had this discussion with him, and he chuckled so I feel as though I have permission. If I don't, tough, I'm gonna say it anyway...

So my question to him (tongue in cheek) was that if he truly believes that when the world ends, there is enough room for 144,000 souls in heaven, why would he and his Witness brothers and sisters go door to door trying to advertise? If that were me, I'd be trying to keep it a secret, ensuring my seat on the proverbial bus. Laugh Out Loud...

Well the same can be said for some hikers. I'd be curious to speak with someone that will encourage other people to get out there on the trail and start hiking (noble cause to which I completely agree) and in almost the same breath complain that the trails are overcrowded and cannot find solace in the wilderness because of all the people in it. (While typing this post, I realized I am one of them!)

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes...and I'm spent.