I have a pair of bib overalls, a pair of socks, and a T-shirt I've sprayed with permethrin that I wear here while working outside. The stuff works great, but I take those clothes off as soon as I'm inside.

There are natural plant based repellants that work just as good as deet to use on your skin. I much prefer those. When I was in Destin Fl a few months ago we went canoeing and the sand bars were infested with mosquitos. I used the plant based "Repel" spray while I was in a cloud of mosquitos and was amazed at how fast they took off after just a few squirts on my arm.

They keep ticks from biting too, but I sprayed some on my arms before going out to pick blackberries a couple days ago and still got chigger bit. Only on my arms though. The rest of me was covered with the permethrin treated outfit.

I don't like it, but I sure see a huge difference in our yard when we treat our dogs with Frontline. We almost have to. They all run in the forest and bring ticks back here by the equivalent of bus loads. They hate it when we apply it, but you can sure see how much better they feel in just a couple days, and for several weeks after.

"You want to go where?"