Dang and a half! I had my bunion problems but dealt with them pretty well with surgery on one, custom orthotics, and bigger wider shoes (Keens), but new problems have arisen. My second toe is longer than my big toe and has a tendency to bump against the end of my boots more and more. Ouch! I could increase my shoe size, but I'm already all the way up to size 11.5.(pretty soon I'll be wearing clown shoes and sporting a red nose!) My toe box seems pretty roomy already, except for that occasional toe problem. The REI shoe person did show me a better way to lace my boots to prevent forward slippage, so I hope that will work.
Related to this problem, I guess, is that I'm tending to get ingrown toenails. I have to figure out how to trim them properly. According to a book called "Fix Your Feet", for runners and hikers, it turns out I have been trimming them wrong! Now I'm thinking I might have to go get a pedicure just to get them fixed. I pity the poor pedicurist who has to look at MY feet!
Anyway, my question is, does anybody here get pedicures? If so, do you just go to a standard type one, or are there "sports pedicurists"? It sounds kind of silly to me, but I just keep butchering my nails!