You're doing good!!

We took a week vacation down near you, in Destin last week, and it rained here most of the time we were there. And it kept raining every day since. Just stopped today.

So when we got back my garden was choking in weeds. The veggies are doing ok, but it's thick in there. I've spent a few hours these past few days thinning them out, but I've got a lot of work to do yet before I'm caught up.

I'll be able to get out there and get it looking good this week. I've been grinding out code for long hours (except for the vacation) for weeks now and I've been neglecting the garden too much.

My potatoes are still growing. They're flowering now. Looks like they're loving the soil mixture I made up for them, and the thick leaf mulch I put on their bed has kept it pretty much weed free. I have to wait another 4-6 weeks before I dig them up though.

My lettuce has gone bitter, and I need to plant something in its place, but I haven't done that yet. I've got all kinds of tomato plants, most are scragglers that I tried growing from seed or were given to me and were overgrown in their little seed trays. We'll see how they do. I might want to plant something around them in case they don't do well.

I've got a few tomato plants that are getting big. Most are heirloom varieties, so it will be fun to see what they produce. Those alone should supply all we'll want.

Right now we've got wild black raspberries coming in. I picked a couple handfuls last evening. They're always amazing. Cukes are starting to show fruit and I've got some melons and squash that are taking off and starting to flower now.

I'll try to remember to take a few photos and then get them posted.

"You want to go where?"